Pazzesco!
Pazzesco!

Thursday, September 29, 2005


touched by his noodly appendage
Did you know that a year ago I was mulling over baking a pie and tracking the eventual takeover by iPod wearing dogs? These were the things that occupied my time whilst I was jobless. Two years ago I was just starting this site, still in school finding ways to procrastinate. I've really come a long way since then. However, as you can see my attitude towards the world hasn't changed. In fact, the more I look, the more I realize that it's getting worse. Oh well.

she treats me good
I have a mistress. Her name: Sirius. I must express my continual enjoyment with her. Having purchased a new vehicle I opted for her because Howard Stern is going over in January. I figured I might as well get a free year so at least I can be ready. Now I knew she had a lot to choose from, but I haven't once listened to terrestrial radio since. No more annoying DJ's/commercials/repetitive music. I have a choice of over 128 channels of pure orgasmic media. Today they updated and added more channels, including Super Shuffle. While it sounds homosexual, it is a random pick of any song from their entire catalog. I've had the channel on all day. That's right, I've been listening to it for 8 hours, and I've enjoyed every minute of it. So long FM: your attempts at mimicking the iPod movement have failed due to your lack of cooperation with one another.

family guy is not funny
Well I shouldn't go that far. It still is one of the more watchable things on television. However I watched the Stewie movie after James traveled all over Stinken Island to find it. Unfortunately it just wasn't that good. There were moments when I laughed out loud, but in the end it was 3 family guy episodes that had one loose running plot through it. Even more troublesome was that I've seen funnier Family Guy episodes that were not on DVD, so the use of censored F bombs were a tired effort at vulgarity. The biggest issue, and I'm afraid the growing trend with Family Guy, is the over-exaggeration of the "like the time" segments. As you know, the basis of Family Guy's comedy is tangent segments that have no relation to the plot, drawn out actions or events that play out longer than they should, or a combination of both. Early in the series lifetime, these tangents were there just to spice up the natural comedy of the characters interactions. Now, it seems Seth McFarland, high off of his series resurrection has resorted to making these "like the time" tangents the appeal of Family Guy. His use of obscure references, while fresh and entertaining are only constructive in small amounts. But a relentless barrage for 83 minutes (3 episodes) becomes tired and annoying. For the first time ever, I really wanted Family Guy to end because it was dragging out far longer than it should.

don’t forget to wipe the semen off your lips
Sometimes I wonder how stupid people really are. I wonder how people can sit through an interview with someone and deem them "fit for the workplace"? How these hired people can sit through the day doing nothing requiring intelligence and still get paid for it? Why doesn't management see what I see? How come I see a fucking annoying tall girl who's nothing but a bitch and an inappropriately dressed silicone filled ho and they see "valuable employees"? Is there a reason they are getting paid to talk on the phone, talk with each other, and giggle all day instead of actually doing their job? And more importantly, is there a reason they're getting paid more then me? Oh and don't worry, there are males who act just the same way, so it's not a gender thing. It's a fucking waste of human tissue thing.

QUICK NOTE: Brooklyn recently put up this sign to further endorse a stereotype, on the heels of the ever successful "fuggeddaboutit" sign, seen when you leave Brooklyn towards Staten Island. I wonder then, how will Staten Island top this. No way in hell will the borough stand still while another shows that everything it does is in bad taste. Maybe they'll play the race card, but backwards. "Now Leaving Staten Island: Never Come Back Towel Heads...9/11 Never Forget."

Comments:
Oh my God... I am starting a crusade to tear all of those signs down, burn them and piss on the remnants. Who's with me?
 
I sometimes forget that this is your hometown, How does it feel to be in a borough with more bad taste than Staten Island?
 
Tom,

Family Guy is the sweetest thing ever. Besides the Mormon episode of South Park. And that whole misunderstanding during the years 1939-1945.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
© 1999-2013 pazzesco.