Pazzesco!
Pazzesco!

Wednesday, September 29, 2004


Did I mention that his sidekick was a talking pie?
I've got pie on my mind. As of two weeks ago I made it my immediate goal to bake a pie from scratch. I didn't know why and I didn't know how, but as God as my witness there eventually would be a baked pie in my house. Two reasons why come to mind: 1. I've never actually done that before and 2. I think that with the coming of the fall season, I've been put in the pie mood. So my research commenced. It concluded with this result: There are many, many pies. Fruit, custard, ice cream, poon tang...the list can go on and on. So I needed to decide what pie would enter my baking reticle. I decided upon an old fashioned deep dish apple, and a low carb strawberry rhubarb for Mama Gelo. One problem: RHUBARB. Much to my chagrin, rhubarb is a spring vegetable so finding it fresh is next to impossible. My only hope is in the frozen foods. You know, you would think that rhubarb could have evolved with the rest of the planted genre, easily sought out all year round, and not be stuck in the 15th century, only being available in a season.

So, you probably asking, "Why bake a pie Tom? Isn't there a technicality called a job? The one you don't have. Shouldn't you be spending time looking for one"? So I'll respond, go to hell. Anyway, I have an interview tomorrow morning, so it's not like I haven't been sending my resume out, cause I have. While a job would be nice, a pie would be tastier for the immediate moment. Plus, if my "Piedventure" as I'm calling it from now on, goes well, it will open up a whole new world of pie for me. So don't be surprised if I show up at YOUR door with a pie of your choosing. Oh, and don't think I've forgotten about my "Christmas Gingerbread Orgy." You'll still get your share of cookies come this holiday season, so start putting your orders in. Now listen to the creepy little doll and eat your pie. She actually looks like one of the girls from The Shining. REDRUM!

QUICK NOTE: The song These Dreams by Heart just came on and it makes me think of Junior year. Specifically going to bed with the blinds slightly open so the light from the lamp posts from outside could make a silhouette on the walls of my room. Weird.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
© 1999-2013 pazzesco.