Pazzesco!
Pazzesco!

Thursday, May 12, 2005


i got a fever only tacos can stop
It has been far too long since I've done a review of some kind of food. I think the last time was the great Squagel adventure of '04. Since then I've either been too busy or haven't found anything worth talking about. About a month ago I did. It's nothing ground breaking, just convenient and fresh, like Jesus. And this isn't only a food, this is a whole establishment. It’s called Moe's. It is one of those fresh burrito places, like Chipotle, but cooler, and having nothing to do with awful McDonalds. So what makes this place warrant a treatment here? A number of things actually. Let's discuss.

First the decor is very eccentric: alternative colored paintings of famous classic celebrities adorn the walls, the paint scheme is similar to the logo, and the music varies from Hendrix to Sinatra and even the Grateful Dead. Obviously, they aren't trying to appeal to anyone age group in particular. This helps the place be a little more approachable, unlike the Apple Store. Its also not dirty, like Mcdonalds, so we're past shitty fast food. Another pleasant feature is the menu. When you check the website, look at the menu. The menu choices are names of sub-culture references varying from Seinfeld to Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. It's not much, but the random names make things a little more interesting. Finally, the food is good. Now, I've been to another one of these fresh burrito places, a non-chain establishment called En Fuego. It was very good, so I was expecting the food at Moe’s to not measure up to those standards, what with it being a chain. I was pleasantly surprised. Its all very fresh, they offer vegetarian options, and an endless supply of nachos (my favorite.) The food is prepared ala-car wash where you move down the line watching from behind the glass and nothing is pre-wrapped or pre-assembled. All in all it gets my seal of approval.

Unfortunately there are a couple of things we have to worry about here. Right now its pretty much uncorrupted by the corporate culture. What I'm afraid of is the Starbucks effect. Aptly named for the coffee giant and the way it spread like a plague upon all of humanity. I've seen it happen to another up and comer: Cold-Stone ice cream. A year ago there was only one that I knew of. Now...there are three at school, three at home, and three up by Erika. They are sprouting like mold spores and it doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. As for Moe's? Well originally I only knew of one at work, but actually there are two by Erika, and one by school that I didn't know about. I hope they don't become so over marketed that you can't go anywhere without seeing one. Who knows, in time we may be able to only get food at select locations with alternative decor and oversized dinner ware. Until then I suggest you enjoy Moe's wherever you can.

QUICK NOTE: It sucks when you can't see the woman you love during the week because you live 200 miles away from each other; which also means no sex. Booooooo

Comments:
Shut up Gelo Im sick of your bitching! you love all the chains because without them you'd have nothing to bitch about! you FEED off of the chains even if you do not consume the food. I say God bless the chains Gelo. GOD BLESS THEM for giving the "Angry young man" a purpose to be angry!!!

I just call um as I see um.
Respectfully yours,
Nancy
 
Nancy you are wise. For without these chains I would have to talk about my day, which when it comes to blogs is kryptonite on my soul. But we do have to wonder, what would things be like without anything to complain about. I say refer to this. No, I don't think we want any of that.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
© 1999-2013 pazzesco.