Pazzesco!
Pazzesco!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005


hate while I wait
For some time now there has been one website I go to that never ceases to enrage me. It's someone's livejournal, and the sheer idiocy that this person decides to post, rivals nothing which I have ever seen. As you all scramble to check your livejournals for said idiocy, don't worry; if I still talk to you than it's not yours. But this person has consistently violated every law of online journals/blogs which I sort of set forth here. I wish to God I could show you this. For matters of privacy and public ridicule however, I cannot. There is some decency left in me, if only a speck.

What made me think of this, besides a recent perusing of that fabled website, was this. As an Alumni, I still get The Villanovan in my inbox on Fridays. The new edition contained this article, and if you read it you'll see it is on par with the idiot journal I mentioned above. She also has written this and this. I don't know who at The Villanovan decides on these articles, but am I off base in saying that this chick is a deplorable waste of life? I was so insensed by this crap that I wrote them long letter of hate in response. I really would like them to publish it in the paper, so that she and all of her bitchy friends can get in a huff about me, but with The Villanovan, it probably won't happen. That's why I'm posting it here, so at least some people can understand this girl's petty life.

You know, you read an article titled "Partying with the grownups, sans funnels and Jell-O shots" and little do you realize that you're only seeing the tip of the iceberg. That what I saw was only the visible layer of a submerged pile of relentless, incoherent, selfish ramblings that come to be known as "Opinion" within the confines of The Villanovan. Yes, I do speak of that article with disdain and more so of its author, a certain Amy Durazo, whose personality and values leave something to be desired.

To begin with, in your attempt to create commentary on the plight that countless numbers of college seniors go through every year, you have done nothing to create any insight into what a post-graduate lifestyle encompasses. Instead you created a mockery, an article filled with generalizations and slang in order to compensate for the narrow minded reality that you experience on a daily basis. Let's get one thing straight Amy: just because you don't see how students "become grownups" doesn't mean that it doesn't happen...or that it takes a job/pet/relationship to happen. I understand that this is just an opinion, but opinions help us formulate character. If your opinions are any indication of character, you have a lot to work on.

To start, I'm barely willing to get past your use of slang. With phrases like "ohmygosh" and "friggin'" your name shouldn't have a place in a published college newspaper. However, its your general tenor throughout, one that reeks of spoiled, annoying, college student (I really wanted to say stupid, spoiled, whore, but I knew that they would edit it out) that disturbs me the most. Amy, you deem your parent’s party "gross" but your charming dad took shots of tequila while "mature parents" chugged straight from the bottle. You probably felt right at home. Or maybe you needed your drunken sorority sisters, and ogling boys to be there to root you on. It occurs to me that your mind must be so diluted by the college experience, that you can't even fathom life after college despite its impending reality. I bet you enjoy going to bars during the week, for cheap beer and kicks. I bet the only family you really care about is your Kappa Kappa Gamma "family"; a term used loosely for a group of similarly minded, overdressed sheep. I bet there are numerous nights and probably days from your college career in which you have no recollection of, due to the excessive amount of drinking you do. Finally, I bet you don't even look at any of these things in a negative light. Your answer would probably be "I'm in college! I'm supposed to have fun and do what I want!" This leads me to my next point.

After some digging, I realize Ms. Durazo has committed similar transgressions in the past. Lest we forget her use of stunning prose in the April 1 article "Springing into fashion" where she addressed the season's "hottest spring fashions!" Until now I never realized how empty my life was until I read how important "chunky jewelry" is and how much of a necessity "flowery tops" are. Furthermore, her words speak volumes in the April 29 article, "Doing fine without Mom and Dad," a 714 word pile of happy horse crap. Amy? The only reason you're going to school is because Daddy said you have to and all the popular people were doing it. If you slack off he'll take away the payments on your new car, or cut you out of the will, or some other yuppie induced threat. Let me guess, you're probably from Long Island too? (They'll cut all of this out as well. I think they look at direct attacks on way of life as some "too real, and could put the bitch in danger")

Finally, I don’t think you'll ever grow up. There are plenty of people in the world (not just usually male) who refuse to take life and the situations it throws at you with any sense of maturity. So "in twenty years, when you've grown up and produced a few offspring" you'll still be dressing the same, talking the same, and most likely acting the same way as you do now: with a "lack of morals and motivation." Oh, and don't forget to grab the salt while you're up! (I really wanted to predict her future: you'll get a job after college with the help of your dad, "pursue" your Master's degree in some bullshit, meet some guy who'll pay for everything and buy you stuff, get engaged, get married, get pregnant, have a kid or two, never go back to work because you have to take care of the kids but in reality hang out with your similarly waste of space friends while you pay someone. who was just like you in college, an unnecessary amount of money to watch the kids that you so admirably neglect, thus completely nullifying any education you received and the money spent on it. Your children will grow up to be just like you, and the circle will continue.)

QUICK NOTE: Why do I find a foreign movie about a living tree root more interesting than new movies in the US? Oh wait, that's right, because Hollywood is out of ideas, and butchers anything with originality.

Comments:
wow. someone was really bored at work....
 
sometimes you just have to put things aside if you feel passionately about something...or you just have nothing better to do
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
© 1999-2013 pazzesco.