Pazzesco!
Pazzesco!

Monday, June 27, 2005


the corporate system is down
It's tough to be unconventional. I realized this today when everyone in the office stood up with nothing to do because our servers went offline. Off where, I don't know, but they took a vacation. The unconventional part comes from the thought process that followed.

I said to myself, "This would make a good pazzesco entry; a commentary on corporate culture and its dependency on the computer." Then I thought about it again. That would be expected. I've said it many times before, the last thing I ever want to do here is tell you about my day. Yes, I take certain parts of it and comment, complain, and have anger to my hearts content, but I try not to fall into a trap. The trap where people do nothing but describe their every move and think it’s actually important. Sure, stories are fun to read, but they better be something fucking special. I really don't care where you went to drink with your "girls" last night, and how wasted you got, and all the dumb shit that goes along with it. If you say something about your day/weekend/week/life it better be worth the brain cells I'm devoting to it. I'm not going to rape your mind with a story about my trip to Michigan because it took up a whole week of my life; that would be stupid. Unless I'm totally off base, I don't think anyone would be interested in something so mundane. That's why I don't get why people talk about everything they do on these things.

For future reference please exclude the following from all blogs:
  • recaps in detail of your day/weekend/week
  • the things you love the most and have to tell people about daily; once and a while is OK, just not every fucking day!
  • updates about what you are currently doing that take up only a few lines; if you have the time to write "eating cheetos" and that’s it, you need a life
  • lists of things you need to get done
  • surveys with asinine questions; there's a reason I delete these from my e-mail
  • anything having to do with self-pity, immolation, and depression; instead of writing how depressed you are get off your ass and do something...no one wants to save you from anything
QUICK NOTE: Someone who works with my company was fired for sending out "Offensive German Political E-mails." Note to self - Never offer Pat a job with the company.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
© 1999-2013 pazzesco.