Pazzesco!
Pazzesco!

Friday, February 24, 2006


like clue, only dumber
Let's follow the signs on my company's latest change in management and see where it leads.
  1. My supervisor, having been in the position for 10 months decides if he's ever getting anywhere in this company (which usually means moving to the middle of nowhere) he needs to gain more experience in different roles.
  2. Having determined this, he speaks to the director about his wishes during his performance review.
  3. In a matter of a day the director determines this to be a good decision and finds a replacement. In a day! There was no job posting or anything of the sort. So already something is fishy.
  4. The replacement is a woman whose husband has just conveniently been hired at a new job in Manhattan...all the way from Michigan.
Can anyone explain to me what's not fucked up about this equation? She probably expressed interest in coming to this area because her husband upped and went and got a job before she even had a spot. In fact she probably was already promised a place here and that's why he did. Furthermore, to not post the position on the Job Board completely discredits the company on fair practices. It's happened before: they scramble for a woman as a manager for diversity requirements. Oh, and did I mention that she's African American? So they killed two birds with one stone. They’ve said nothing about her credibility, experience, or skills. Sure she may have been with the company for 8 years, but just because a dancer has danced for 8 years doesn't mean they're any good. There is such thing has 8 years of sucking and getting by. I've said five words to her, and I already can tell she’s a moron (aka excess giggling). Now, you can look at this as being chauvinist/racist or whatever, but could anything be more obvious. Not to mention that it directly effects me because she's my supervisor now. That being the last nail in the coffin, I'm 100% getting the fuck out of here.

I think it was the African American woman with the diversity card in Manhattan. I wish it were Colonel Mustard.

QUICK NOTE: I'm sure she make assloads more than me. I can do her job in my sleep.

Comments:
My dear Thomas,

Your posts are truly an inspiration. Inspiration for what you may ask. I'm not really sure, but I think it has something to do with the years 1939-1945 and/or a river of slime flowing under our streets.

Baron Von McInerney
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
© 1999-2013 pazzesco.