Pazzesco!
Pazzesco!

Sunday, July 10, 2005


waste of my time
If you think I'm just someone who complains all the time, why are you still reading? You obviously know enough about this place to make a judgment on what you see, and if you had a serious problem with it, its sheer magnitude would have already forced you to turn away from that which you found repulsing. But it didn't. So read on oh dissenter. And here's a gatuitous "Fuck You" for judging me.

There are small, yet unrealistic hopes inside of me that one day the world will wake up to the fact that popular culture is a complete waste of time. That there is not one redeeming quality about Hollywood, mainstream music, or anything that falls under the "What's Hot" listing. Why does it bother me so much? Why do I feel it necessary to become so adamant about these things? Some people think it's jealousy. My sister thinks I don't like Oprah because she is a woman with a lot of money. If I had a problem with woman having money, I would have already left the planet because there are tons of them; and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't like Oprah because she exploits the gullibility of the average person. She shoves filth in their brains and they listen to it because she's "The Oprah." Just because she has alot of money doesn't make everything she does and says, fucking gold plated diamond studded wisdom.

Other's think I just like to complain for attention. Umm, there are better ways to get attention: Complaining is never one of them. There is nothing that infuriates me more than someone who complains and then never does anything about the situation. If it really bothers you that much, DO SOMETHING!

In the end, I think I've just learned not to waste time on things that give no value. By value I do not mean monetary, but personal value. I'll watch something if it makes me laugh, listen to music that makes me feel, date a girl who makes me a better person, talk to people who provide intelligent conversation, and do stupid things because I find it interesting. Isn't that the whole point of life? To enjoy all the things that make you feel like you? To continue experiencing those things to enhance and grow in who you are? Why would I even bother then to partake in something that makes me angry and annoyed? Maybe I find these things so offensive because they really do have no value whatsoever? And finally, being able to write about them allows me to express who I've grown to be by doing the things that have value to me. Makes alot of sense doesn't it?

So I'll always press on being myself; continuously breaking down and analyzing all things useless to the world. Like MTV's The 70's House. I had the glory of passing by this shitstorm of a show, channel surfing today. Of course the premise is taking more stupid teenagers and twixters, who have nothing better to do then be on a MTV show, putting them in a 70's house, and seeing how long the spoiled yuppies can last without their cell phones and computers. Yeah, I want my children to look at these assholes and be like "I want to be them when I grow up." MTV created and makes money off the idea that if you want to be successful in this world, being on TV and doing unethical and stupid things is the quick easy way to go. If celebrity's are praised for being degenerates, then why not make that your life's goal? Worse part is, they know half the population will swallow this filth. There's a reason why MTV doesn't have a show called "The I got an education and worked my ass off instead of lowering my standards to make money House."

QUICK NOTE: Of course after the events in London, the Staten Island Advance, intellectual periodical that it is, headlines "The new 9/11. 7/7!" Fucking idiots. I don't think this island will ever wake up to the fact that 9/11 meant just as much or more to other New Yorkers, and they don't taint their entire opinion of world events with a stigma almost 5 years old.

Comments:
you used the term "twixters" did you read that article in Time?

How did you hear about that?

I read the article, was very good.

~Nancy
 
I did read that article, and we actually spoke about it. I see how dear to your heart you hold our conversations.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
© 1999-2013 pazzesco.