Pazzesco!
Pazzesco!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005


let's shoot the shit
I know this applies to guys, but I'm unsure if girls go through the same thing.

SCENARIO: You're talking to a guy, and you're both on the way to the bathroom. You enter, and rather than standing at a urinal, he goes into a stall and shuts the door. He obviously doesn't have to pee, and proceeds to shoot the shit while he "shoots the shit."

Is this incredibly awkward? Is it really proper bathroom etiquette to continually speak to an individual when you enter the stall during a conversation, and they can obviously hear you shit? I know, it is natural bathroom etiquette not to speak to the individual sitting next you on the toilet while shitting, but on this I'm unsure. I'm sure no one wants their conversation punctuated with certain bathroom noises, so I believe the same etiquette should apply to this situation. I'm sure anything I have to say can wait while you excrement out your butt.

On the other side of things, does it bother you to have just spoken to that person and only seconds later hear them shitting, and the noises associated with aforementioned action? I think this situation personalizes something that shouldn't be personalized. Whatever someone decides to do in the bathroom is completely up to them and I don't really need to go any further than that. It is my belief that whilst on the toilet, everyone is a stranger. Only when you step out, do you return to being that friend/coworker/family member.

Finally, do girls deal with this? I know that you girls are always sitting on the toilet, so do you talk to each other while you pee like guys do? What more, because you are comfortable with sitting and talking, is it a natural inclination to talk no matter what you may be doing, thus disproving my theory that people don't talk to each other while they shit?

I expect a well thought out 5 page paper by next Tuesday.

QUICK NOTE: Has anyone read Lewis Blacks' new book?

Comments:
Talking while you pee is one thing. Talking while you shit? Quite another. In my experience, girls don't go to the bathroom together if they have to shit. But that's just me. And I don't like saying shit. I'm changing it to #2... that's better.
 
I second that. I've never gone to the bathroom with another girl-coworker/friend/whatever where one of us has done #2. The only time I've been in a public bathroom and there was another person doing #2 that person was a stranger, and even then you get out of there right fast.

~nan
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
© 1999-2013 pazzesco.