Pazzesco!
Pazzesco!

Wednesday, January 05, 2005


The Tomato Wagon
Let's start by getting stupid things out of the way: Happy New Year.

It's quite true. New Years may be one of the stupidest events of the year. I put it right behind Valentine's Day and Boxing Day in Canada (mostly because it conflicts with my birthday.) It's just a holiday to drink excessively, forget everything, and make false promises to ourselves and each other. It seems to be the easy way to forgive ourselves of the past year's transgressions; to start anew. Isn't that what the human race is always about? Convenient days and events where everything that makes our character rotten is cleansed? By that I mean, no matter what our actions, in one way or another there is something that will completely eradicate them rom our guilt. Confession is the prime example. I'm sure Jesus keeps a daily tally of our sins, AND completely absolves us of them when we say 20 "Our Father's." It just doesn't make sense. It's just a human way to rationalize something we can't understand, thus dumbing it down. And this is what New Years is, only we dumb down something that we created. We apologize for our actions and pretend that the advancement of a year in a human created calendar signifies something drastic and important. It doesn't; sorry to burst your bubble. Don't get me wrong, I love the Roman calendar, but I don't worship it.

In other news the "New to Me" car arrived a week ago. And by arrived I mean I drove to exit nowhere of the Garden State to get it. I spent the weekend getting to know it and driving it 400 miles. It's a '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee, fun to drive, the gas mileage is OK, and at least I don't feel like I'm in my early to mid 40's driving some piece of crap 2 door coupe. It is a manly vehicle. Except of course for the fact that it's red...Tomato Red. This of course signaled the tentative name "The Tomato Wagon." Truthfully, I am waiting for BJ to give it it's official name. He had previously labeled the Lincoln the "EP" cause it was black and it was a Lincoln. You can probably figure out why.

On a relevant note I've had a great day/week/month/months because of a certain red-haired girl I know. She is quite phenomenal.

Quick Note: Green Day's "Wake Me Up When September Ends" will be on the radio soon enough, and they'll play the crap out of it. You'll see.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
© 1999-2013 pazzesco.