Pazzesco!
Pazzesco!

Friday, January 28, 2005


The novelty of updating from work...
Well, there really is no novelty. In fact I shouldn't be updating this thing at all from here. But they recently gave me internet access, and while I don't abuse it at all (I Don't use AIM) I figure once in a while I'm allowed.

Trying to write when I want to seems to be one of the toughest things. There are so many time during a week when I say to myself, "that would be a great thing to put on the site," and then I completely forget it and I try to force the same thing out. I'm not going to do it. I refuse to force funny, witty, or any of the other emotions one can illicit from written word. My problem is not writing this stuff down. Can I tell you the number of times I've promised Junior I would carry a small notebook around with me like Larry David, just to write down those ideas I come across in a day. That hasn't happened yet. I think if someone gave me a small notebook I would have no problem at all accepting it and using it. Now only if someone gave me a notebook.

Usually when I sit down and type, nothing is in my head, unless I really do have a very specific reason for it. For instance, the whole car escapade was planned as soon as it happened. I planned on taking pictures and telling the story. I think important moments like that, important for its sheer ridiculousness and ludicritity (Did I just make up a word?) warrant a complete treatment. On all other occasions, things usually pop into my head and then I just go with it. Any kind of forced writing is awful. That's a big reason why all college term papers suck. They are forced and boring.

Speaking of college, I've been thinking a lot about it lately. No, I don't miss it. I am very content not bringing my work home with me, and having a college degree. However what I do recollect the most is the random times living with Sean and Junior (and Pat as the guy on the couch.) Anything previous to junior year is pretty much a blur. The second half really allowed me to be me, probably because I was most comfortable with myself at that point. I did stuff junior year I would have never imagined. And the roommates were there to witness it. If there is anything I do miss, it's being able to just come back to the apartment and do whatever with the guys. We could drink, play video games, go out, or just sit in and talk, and it was always a good time.

But I digress. I don't live in the past. That's what makes a memory so important. It will always be the same in our heads no matter what we do. Regardless of how the scene actually played out, what we remember is always the way it happened. And those memories will never be duplicated no matter how hard we try. That's why living in the past never works. We should just keep making new memories in the future.

QUICK NOTE: I'll be in Philly tonight, and then I'm driving down to DC tomorrow morning. (No one said a quick note had to be relevant or important.)
I also like Pepperoni.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
© 1999-2013 pazzesco.