Pazzesco!
Pazzesco!

Wednesday, November 17, 2004


Style and Class
There are going to be some changes around here. I'm getting sick of this website. A long time ago I would have already done something about it and changed the way it looks. But the way to create a website has changed so much that if I want to do it right, I'm going to have to learn how its done...all over again. I've already started looking into the new language that the young people use. It's a lot more sophisticated than the crap I used to use. There are style sheets now that make your page like stationary, and classes for floating objects and the whatnot. It's a promising future here at Pazzesco and I just have to get the right elements together in order to make the website something I can be proud of.

Let me give you a little behind the scenes tour here. The fellows over at blogger have made the world of blogging very easy. Once you register for a website, you choose a template for the page. To create a new entry, you enter text into a convenient entry field and the submit it. The code automatically updates your first entry as the one you just wrote. It's a very sophisticated routine, but it makes the coding a real hurt on the eyes. I'm just now finally understanding how everything works. There are still things I don't get, but I'm slowly learning. Sort of a test for this was the new "fun facts" section, over there on your right. I did it one way, but I now realize there's a whole other way it can be done. The ease of use for you and me only comes from the complexity of the code itself...like the matrix.

So stay tuned for some updates concerning this, as well as your usual daily dose of hate and contempt. Once I get my hands on Photoshop I'm going to do a preliminary design and maybe I'll post it up here to see what everyone thinks. But only if you're good.

QUICK NOTE: James Taylor singing Christmas music makes me want to kill myself.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
© 1999-2013 pazzesco.