Pazzesco!
Pazzesco!

Wednesday, November 03, 2004


Ah, behold the power of hate
We'll try and make this a short one tonight. I'm tired and well I don't know if I have it in me to be entertaining at all.

I try not to mention politics here, but I wonder if I'm being a good host or a bad citizen by doing so. I know for a fact you don't come here for political discourse. I know I'm just one of many clicks on the list when you're bored and avoiding work. But I hope your first click was enough to entice you to come back for more. Drawing on just politics as a basis for this blog would not do that. For unlike me, you are not all out of work Political Science majors. But I digress. We know the true reason for this blog by now; hate. Pure unadulterated intolerance for the human race. If you haven't noticed, I am sort of a bitter hateful kind of person. It's just my nature, and if you know me in person it comes out ever so often. Stress on the often. This leads me to my point.

If you do one thing after this election, whomever gets elected, watch The Daily Show. Their satire is quite entertaining, and I wouldn't mind one day having a job there. Tonight, watching "Indecision 2004," Steven Colbert brought up an extremely valid point. If there's anything we need to do, it's to continue hating each other. Hate has given this election the best voter turnout since 1968! Hate! That word we are all are afraid of. I think if the world didn't hate, then we'd all be prone to corruption and inactivity. Look at the UN. They are supposed to be a body of action and world leadership. All they do is have a hippie lovefest and never get anything done. And that's just what America is turning into. Everyone is afraid to do anything, to say anything, to point a finger. I mean the debates were a perfect example of this. We just talk, talk, talk, and say nothing at all.

What the fuck have we been doing with ourselves for the past 36 years? Oh I know: the American government has become so lethargic, that we can't even see the political differences that separate parties anymore. Can you believe it takes something as big as a war to wake up these people and get some life out of them? And I love that CNN has been calling this "America Votes 2004" rather than "Election 2004." Yes, it is that big of a deal when America actually takes advantage of the rights that it was built upon. Of course, once the election is over, we'll all go back to our normal lives, and not care what happens for another 4 years. Good work America.

So I lied. Do two things after the election. 1. Watch The Daily Show and 2. Tell someone you have a problem with what they are doing. Make some waves for Christ sake. Change is good! If life were perfect, we would be in love with everybody, and I'd still be fat. And you know for a fact, especially if you read this thing, that there are people and things out there we just don't like. The only way to make things right sometimes is to just let things out, and start over again.

Finally, I'll leave you with something semi-intelligent. History is like an endless waltz; dancing for all time to the three beats of war, peace and revolution. You just need to know what beat to start dancing on.

QUICK NOTE: Checking CNN.com for the election results in NY, it came to my attention that out of all the five boroughs, Staten Island was the only one who voted for Bush in majority. The rest of the metropolitan area voted for Kerry. Is there something that people don't get here on this island. I'm not mocking Bush, I'm just pointing out the stark difference and predictability this place always exhibits. Fuck you uninformed voters.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
© 1999-2013 pazzesco.