Pazzesco!
Pazzesco!

Monday, September 20, 2004


You are like the buzzing of FLIES to him!!
So I painted my room this weekend. But not alone. That fire headed lady of mine came all the way from Philly, just to help me paint...or I helped her paint...or..we almost killed each other. I stepped in paint because I was gettin impatient with painting a white ceiling a slightly warmer white because I couldn't see where I had painted or missed. She was painting the edges and corners so any disruption to that cause by my painting would be a bad thing, thus causing the look of death. I have a bad habit of not cleaning up as I go and waiting to the end to do a clean sweep of anything, while she can't stand working in a mess, so we bashed heads many times on that matter. The list can go on, but I will not bore you further with details. Suffice it to say we finished around 9:00 last night.

Now one could argue that it was a terrible experience. We were tired, she was sick, and I had never painted a room before. But it wasn't. Sure, we had our moments of ungodly friction, but in the end we did it together. And when we finally finished and we just got to relax, all the weekend's transgressions went away. More importantly, every time I'm in my room I will have fond (yes, even the crazy ones) memories of this past weekend. Because it will further remind me of having cold pizza for breakfast, spending Saturday in Little Italy at the feast, both eating until we couldn't no more, and our late night trek to Walgreen's to get cheap, but tasty ice cream.

The point I'm trying to get at here, is that it's nice to experience the ups and downs of life with someone. Even if the downs happen, they are what makes the ups so much sweeter. And no, don't think that this is consistent fighting; it's about 5 minutes of unrefuted anger that subsides quickly I have a short attention span as it is and me staying angry with someone for a long time is only required when completely necessary. Life isn't perfect, so no one person should be either. I know this is a tired analogy, but think about it: a puzzle piece is no where near perfect; it's uneven, not much to look at and insignificant. But when that piece is fit with another, they create something more whole, more even, and their true meaning becomes more apparent ...all because they have each other.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
© 1999-2013 pazzesco.