Pazzesco!
Pazzesco!

Tuesday, September 21, 2004


(SAFE) Drivers Wanted
IMPORTANT NEWS!
No, there is really nothing of substance as usual, but silly reader, blog's aren't for substance...or are they?

Coming into work this morning, I saw something quite humorous. New York buses are known for their kamikazee style driving. For instance after they stop, and let off the appropriate passengers, the usually put their signal on, and regardless of who may be coming or not, proceed to enter the road again. I think something that massive has all right and privilege to own the road. I mean the driver has enough to worry about driving and stopping, it shouldn't be his/her job to check every waking angle around that bus. A result of this is a good filtration of stupid drivers. So this morning the bus is in it's lane and begins to sneak into the right lane for an upcoming stop. A small dark blue Jetta attempts to remain in the lane next to the bus, rather than slowing down and letting it through. The lane gets very narrow and the Jetta is now required to keep as much distance with the bus as possible. Keep in mind that there are also parked cars on that side of the road. Ahh, now you know where this is going. The little blue Jetta, in it's attempt to squeeze, rubs up quite nicely against a parked car. But there is a twist: the parked car happened to be the exact same little blue Jetta. OH SWEET IRONY! It's times like these that I just sit back and laugh at the misfortune of others. However, this leads me to wonder: if they trade paint, is it even noticeable?

It's a known fact that I enjoy the music. I regret not bringing head phones or something into work with me. I mean I'm only doing a temp job, so they pretty much allow me to be on my own. In one of those instances today, when my attention span shortened and something else caught my eye, I proceeded to open iTunes. I was mostly looking at the interface, since I've heard it's the greatest thing since the Squagle. And it is pretty decent. But to my surprise, there is butt-loads of music on the office network. They all seem to be switching and sharing, but there are at least 4 separate playlists. To my delight, the music seems to have been made for me. It's almost as if they saw me coming. And I'm being dead serious, it has every kind of music I listen to...even the obscure things. The Postal Service, Avenue Q, The Cure, Bob Dylan, The Magnetic Fields...lots of "the" bands. It's all so wonderful to see non-mainstream music and that's it. I don't question these coincidences in my life anymore, I just look upon them as special places for me in the world.

Finally at break today (not lunch, because I eat in the office) I witnessed New York art at it's finest. I walked through Union Square, to see Circus Amok. Street performers, doing crazy things, playing crazy songs...hating George Bush. Now I don't think that the whole performance had to do with politics (although some say Eleanor Roosevelt could be likened to a bearded woman). It just so happened I saw the elephant with a patriotic hat who happened to start a war with Iraq, not believe in greenhouse gases, or provide decent healthcare; I wonder who they are talking about. Then they put Harold? into the "curtained mystery space" and made him disappear...on November 2nd...because "You too can make him disappear on November 2nd!!!" Never a dull moment in New York. Like last week when I saw an on-duty cop playing some young NYU student's guitar instead of being a cop. I later deduced that it was an anti-terrorist guitar, so that was OK.

I'll fade out on this one appropriately listening to Norah Jones' I've Got to See you Again...cause I do...and I will. Oh, and what kind of music would an anti-terrorist guitar play? Hip-Hop?


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
© 1999-2013 pazzesco.