Pazzesco!
Pazzesco!

Tuesday, September 09, 2003


Life isn't as sweet without the sour
I guess I've decided that consistently bitching about things, while quite hilarious, can also get boring. There are plenty of sites out there that have people just complaining all the time. Now I have no problem with social commentary, but I think a change of pace is required.

Do you people watch? Today I sat under a tree (nothing new) and people watched (nothing new). For some reason I enjoy just watching people go by while just sitting in my on world, listening to music. You can tell alot from people just by looking at them in their element. By element I mean the oreo. You know the oreo would be much cooler if it wasn't crawling with pretensious assholes. Everywhere you turn you see nothing but short skirts, and flipped polo shirt collars. But that's not the point. The point is you see every walk of life, people watching. True, at Villanova finding someone different is like a needle in a haystack, a very wealthy haystack, but they're out there. Like you see that dude whose dressed like a punk, who is obviously not listening to JAY-Z on his headphones. Or that girl who for some reason just looks sad and you don't know why. Then you see people you know, and while it's common courtesy to say hello, why would I spoil my 4th wall that I built by breaking it just to wave. The best way to see someone, is to see them when they think no one they know is looking. And I wonder what they are thinking? I wonder what is goin on in their heads at that moment. Alot of them have very serious faces on. If they are talking they obviously aren't as pensive, but when they are alone they always look deep in thought. Never do I see someone walking alone with a smile. A friend of mine asked me last week, why I looked confused when she saw me from a dining hall on campus. I told her I was just smiling, just feeling very at peace with myself and who I was. Those are the times I feel like I am at my best. When I'm comfortable with now, when it's a beautiful day, and everyone else just fades into nothing.

On another note, I miss two things about living on campus: 1. Midnight runs around the campus, and 2. My meditation place that I used to go to at night. There's this one place I will always go, rain, sleet, snow, just to think and clear my mind. It's not that easy to get to from my apartment, and Kingswood lacks those aestethic outlets. But I find my way once and a while.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
© 1999-2013 pazzesco.