Pazzesco!
Pazzesco!

Tuesday, September 02, 2003


I HATE MY MTV!
I don't want my MTV...in fact you can take back your damn MTV. I have officially had it with that channel and all the crap that they call entertainment on it. I've always harbored a hate for it but this week all that hit a feverish pitch. The rest is music history...or should I say everything but music history.

I despise pop culture, in fact I think I'm the antithesis of the water cooler conversation. It's what everybody isn't talking about that interests me the most. But then you have MTV. A once rebellious network that broke new ground by playing "music videos;" that has sold out on every level. I understand that music videos can get old but to stop playing them completely is just dumb. MTV has become the whore of corporate America. They play lackey to everything and anything that will throw them a buck, completely destroying any hair of dignity the network had. Initially, my hate began with the countless numbers of sheep that have flocked to MTV just to be cool. TRL, the epitome of evil, has become a haven for bad music (all 5 seconds they actually play, but I guess that's a good thing), and a forum for pretentious celebrities to be poorly interviewed by Carson "Toolbox" Daly just to get millions of under aged brainwashed girls to scream. And let's not forget to mention the REAL WORLD. What are they on now? 84? Let's get a Nazi (NaziCount == 4) and a Jew in one house and see what happens. Then we'll beat it into the ground for a numerous amount of years, pretending its different each time by always doing it in a different location. Who were the ad wizards that came up with that one? Do you think MTV even pays for the therapy bills those people need afterwards? Then again what self-respecting person would even want be on that show? And only MTV could ruin an American institution like Ozzy Osbourne. I'm sure he really enjoys little teen girls who listen to Britney Spears, even uttering his name. They've turned him into a freak show...and that's hard to do.

But all this has been stewing inside of me anyway. Recently, in true MTV fashion, they did something I knew they would do. Of course they shoved the Video Music Awards down viewer's throats (Funny for a channel that barely shows videos) until the grand day actually came. Bad enough they continue with that horrible tradition, they actually made headlines the next day. Why? Well knowing that they have sway over stupid meaningless stuff that everyone will talk about, they arrange for Britney, to kiss an old woman, Madonna, and also have Christina (happens to be from Staten Island...whore) do the same. OH MY GOD!! LIKE DID YOU SEE THE VMA'S! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID THAT! OH MY GOD!! I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH IT AGAIN ANOTHER 800 TIMES THIS WEEKEND. I mean for Christmas sake, they know you assholes are watching, waiting for controversy. So they dip their spoon into the useless crap pile, mix it with a little gratuitous sex, add a sprinkle of nostalgia, and then you have this. And all those sheep just take their medicine completely oblivious to the fact that it's a mere placebo, just to illicit the reaction most of the country did. Is that really news worthy?

Then finally there's the coin that tipped the already leaning scale. This. WHY THE FUCK WOULD I GIVE A RAT'S ASS ABOUT THE MARRIED LIFE OF TWO UNDESERVINGLY RICH ASSHOLES!!! I mean really what is the appeal? Do we care that the only problem in Jessica Simpson's life is the laundry? DO YOU! OH BOO FUCKING HOO! And MTV puts this on the air like it's a good thing. Of course everyone is going to watch, because if it's on, it has to be important and relevant.

It has become one of my personal goals to destroy MTV. I don't know how or when, but it will happen. While they are sucking the balls of corporate America, having their pussies licked by the public, I'll be the one setting it all aflame. The War has just begun...


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
© 1999-2013 pazzesco.